Sunday, December 2, 2018

Pinterest Win or Pinterest Fail: Nursery #3 Reveal!

A few weeks ago I posted this blog for baby #3's nursery inspo.

I am happy to say the nursery is DONE! We made it our mission to be done before the holidays and we knocked it all out just in time for Thanksgiving, and that is something to be thankful for! Now we can sit back and enjoy one last holiday season with only 4 little feet running around as opposed to 6 (eek!).

Oddly enough, maybe because it's 3rd times a charm, I don't know, but this was the EASIEST of the three nurseries! Now, I fear my husband might make me spruce up the other two because this one is.. legit, for lack of a better term.

Now, was this a Pinterest Win or Pinterest Fail? I'm calling it a win - maybe not exactly how I imagined when first perusing Pinterest but, definitely perfect for welcoming home our Violet Blake. (Side note: every time I walk by the room, I smile a little on the inside. This is one room I am insanely proud of!)

Here it is, the (third) big reveal! I literally linked almost everything - the wall paint is Gentle Rain by Bher.


This is the wall across from the entry. 
Curtains: Z Gallerie (used to hang in our old living room); Rocker: who knows, used with two previous babies; Basket: Container Store (here); Wooden stool: At Home (here); Geometric Shelves: Hobby Lobby (two sizes - here) but I added the paper to them (it's wrapping paper that I cut to fit and used modge podge to adhere to the metal; the paper matches the pillow!); Swag: Hobby Lobby (here); Dresser: mine from when I was little, re-purposed once for my son and then again for baby #3 - bought gold hardware from Home Depot and used left over navy paint from our kitchen remodel; Lamp: At Home (here); Curtain Rod: Amazon (here); Pillow: Here



This wall is to the left of the changing table/dresser and faces the closet.
Name sign: Etsy (shop here) - I spray painted it with gold glitter when it arrived; Pictures: Hobby Lobby (elephant & ikat) - I used gold paint on the frames and on the pictures themselves, I also had a monogram made and stuck it onto the ikat print (see below); Flowers: a mix of Hobby Lobby (here) and the others were donated by a friend - I used blush pink chalk paint (find it here) on a few of them; Crib: Babyletto but was my daughter's before; Crib Sheet: Amazon (find it here); Basket: Container Store (here)


This is a bit of wall space next to the closet. My dad built the bookshelf and it's original purpose was to hide behind a door, however, the closet doors are behind the entry door. I love how this little corner turned out, though! Wall art: Hobby Lobby; Hooks: Amazon (here). 


This wall is just to the left of the entry, so just inside the room. 
White shelf: used for other daughter's room previously, Hobby Lobby; Arrow: Hobby Lobby and added the twine for the bows; Globe: Hobby Lobby; Shelves: Hobby Lobby (see above); Mirror: Hobby Lobby (here); Baskets: Container Store (here); Rug: RugsUSA (here) and OMG!!! This rug is AMAZING and actually REALLY soft!  


Here are some pictures of a few of the DIY's from above: 






     





No comments: