Thursday, August 30, 2018

Pinterest win or Pinterest Fail: Nursery #3


Une Femme Throw Pillow (with or without insert)

Now, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I can usually rock the crap out of some pinterest inspo projects. In all honesty, thank GOD for pinterest because I could never dream this stuff up on my own! However, I've never been so open and honest about my plans for a nursery as I plan on doing below. So I hope I don't totally botch it!

I found this pillow from Khristian Howell and decided, this is it! This is what the  nursery will embody! I mean, it's called 'une femme' for crying out loud (it means ‘a woman’; I got you). Strong deep navy, soft lavenders and blush pinks are the perfect combination of confidence and elegance. Much like her name, Violet Blake. Needless to say, I bought the pillow and it should be here soon then, let the decorating begin!

Violet Blake's nursery already has plenty of furniture - we swapped Grant's and Lucy's cribs, got Grant a big boy bedroom set (reveal coming soon), and gave Lucy's crib to baby Violet. Grant's dresser, bookshelf and toy shelf were all given for the cause, too. Of course, the same rocker that was used for #1 and #2 has found it's way to #3. Reduce, reuse, and recycle, people! Both dressers for Lucy and Grant were part of my family for a long time. I don't think there is HUGE significance but refurbishing them and seeing them in their rooms gives me a sense of joy, comfort and accomplishment!

Here is some more fun inspiration I've gathered for the nursery. Wish me luck and...enjoy!


Soft and graphic florals in soft blush tones and inky navy blues form the perfect modern and sweet color combination. Perfect to hang solo or in

tassel garland - dark blue, blush, ivory gold and gold tassel garland - navy…

Gorgeous nursery room decoration, custom gold name signs....the perfect touch for a baby room! https://noahxnw.tumblr.com/post/160711715781/hairstyle-ideas

If you’re looking for an unexpected twist on the typical girl’s nursery, try bringing in darker colors or unexpected accents. Jackie Konczol wanted the traditional blush pinks and white for her baby’s room, but also wanted to add some non-traditional touches. By painting the walls in Naval SW 6244 and Snowbound SW 7004 and incorporating delicate copper accents, she was able to design her dream nursery.

Navy and Pink Caitlin Wilson Nursery by Chickadee Art and Company



Follow along here or share with a friend - https://pin.it/ad6g2eweowqxxa


No comments: