Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Did you pray about it?" - Accountability

A few days ago...ok maybe a week or so now... I was totally convicted when a good friend and mentor asked if I had "prayed about it". Maybe not totally convicted. Let's say more like, 'caught off guard'.  I had prayed about 'it' - at least I thought I had. Maybe I hadn't. How do I answer that question if I'm not really sure if I did or not? I know I had more like begged....pleaded....talked....complained about 'it' but I'm not 100% sure I would say I prayed about 'it'.

'It' is a project that I got involved in at the beginning of September and have been struggling with keeping it in my life or not. At first it was a way to make a little extra money, to pay off some medical bills and other small debts that were more a nuisance than burden.  'It' is something I could justify removing from my life with "it has served its purpose and now I can move on".  But, that was ME talking. I never really listened for an answer. That night I prayed about it. I think my justification was right. I think removing me from this particular 'it' situation is really what I should do.  (No, the 'it' I'm speaking of is not an illegal act or some ungodly thing.... I would just rather not blast it all over the WWW)

I've had clear signals. Maybe not flares lit up all around me, but definite signs that my time with 'it' is done. Getting out of 'it' is a whole other story. However, I am truly blessed to have been in a position to experience 'it'.  I was provided for. There was never a financial burden or worry. My needs have been met. Thanks be to God.

It's so amazing to experience the power of prayer and putting faith in God. Even our own currency reminds us to trust in God! Never have I not been able to make ends meet. Never have I been led astray in decision making. If I made a bad decision, I knew it was because 1) I didn't pray about it or 2) I ignored God's teaching and did my own thing. I know there will be more experiences like the one I am referring to and I know that all doors have not been closed. There is a time and place for everything and I am just waiting for the next sign to point me in the direction I'm supposed to be going.

Now that I think about it, this same friend has asked me if I have prayed about a few other things.... I'm glad I have that person. Accountability people! It works!

So dear readers, have you prayed about it??? Have you prayed today, this week, this month? Do you pray when life gets tough or all the time? God is your BFF - tell him stuff, what you're happy with, what you're struggling with, talk to him :)

No comments: