Friday, August 15, 2014

Adventures in Pregnancy - Week 32

I cannot believe time has gone by so quickly. Last post we were just starting our baby classes and now they are over!

We got to do the 3D ultrasound at 31 weeks and I am SO happy we did. It was so cool to see little man and honestly we left there feeling even more connected to him than we have the entire pregnancy. It was funny because he was asleep and the lady kept pushing on him to wake him up. I felt kind of bad for the little man, he kept turning away and covering his little face, but I wanted to see him so I didn't mind the poking and prodding! The best thing about doing the ultra sound is now we actually know what is where. His head is down towards my right hip and his legs are usually curled up in the middle, near my belly button. He is getting SO big!

Things up to now have been pretty uneventful. Last week we took a family trip up to northern Michigan. When I say northern, I mean, just as far up as you can go without hearing people speaking french.

G and I took advantage of the trip and stayed a few nights on Mackinac Island - google it and I'll post a few pics below. It's beautiful. We had a great time on our mini-"babymoon".

It was also really nice to visit family I hadn't seen in a while and G got to meet some of them for the first time. It wasn't a luxurious trip by any means, more like nation lampoons family vacay, but it was definitely a good time! The trip back, not so much. Flights were messed up and we are still missing luggage... no bueno!

As far as being preggers:
Just this week I've experienced the foot in the rib sensation and major, MAJOR movements. No one ever told me that the kid would move around as much as he does, either. I still am sleeping OK the majority of nights. His movement is mainly during the day, thankfully. But the whole "flutter" thing is out the window. There are no more flutters, only large waves of movement when he stretches out (feet up toward my ribs) or pushes up with his arms (creating a major bulge coming out my right side or a nudge to my pelvis) or curls his legs up (causing a lump to the left of my belly button). All very strange but all very cool at the same time. I MIGHT actually miss him being inside once he decides to make his debut!

Other than weight gain, nothing too exciting. And that's not at all exciting, though it is necessary!

Next week we are looking forward to a baby shower at my work and at my mother - in - law's house.

The only thing we will need after that is the crib that is still on back order. I'm not worried at all (haha, yea right!).

Any who... You know things are getting close when there are car maintenance dates and event dates on your radar that occur after your due date and you think, "Oh, baby G will be here by then!" #readyornot

Until next time!

No comments: