Friday, August 15, 2014

Adventures in Pregnancy - Week 28

Adventures in Pregnancy - Week 28

We recently started going to “baby class” which is really a combo of Lamaze, early child care, and breastfeeding. We have both learned a lot of neat things, some I’m wondering if I would rather have not known – ignorance is bliss, after all. But, I know we are doing the right thing by taking these classes and preparing for the moment that will change our lives forever.

Fun fact – did you know the baby’s skull is made up of plates (like the world) that are made to shift during their final decent through the birth canal. Pretty neato! That is why, just because someone is smaller in the hip area, the baby can still manage to make their way through!

This past weekend we had our first baby shower! A little early but we aren't really the type to wait around, if you couldn't tell, but also because the months leading up to Baby G’s arrival are pretty busy. Since this one was in my hometown, it was better to do it earlier than later. What a huge blessing to be showered by so many we love and who already love our little mini!!!  I'll have to post pictures later :) 

Things I am digging –
-          - I still don’t know about the whole third trimester thing…if I am in it or not. I’m comfortable with how big my baby bump is at this point. I’m honestly deathly afraid of it getting much bigger, although I know it is inevitable.
-         -  We finally decided on a church day care! We are so thankful to have found something that works for us, even though we are still waiting on getting “accepted”. Prayers it all works out!
-           

Things I’m not digging –
-          - I can feel the extra weight I've gained. It definitely slows you down and makes you huff and puff a little more!


We scheduled a 3D ultrasound on the day of my birthday, July 30th! Can’t wait to spend some time checking out the little guy. Hopefully he cooperates and we get some good pictures out of our session. 

No comments: