Friday, March 16, 2012

Trip update and random thoughts.

These things never go the way I anticipate!


Once again, blogging on a plane.....kind of... On and off... In a car, plane, on a couch, etc.

Trying to download angry birds for the 2 year old to play while flying! Kids today haha just kidding I think it's cool she knows how to operate an iPad and iPhone. There are actually some cool apps for kids!

We got delayed once. Suck. However, I would rather get delayed than fly into the tornados and hail that ended up occurring right outside Detroit.

So three things so far....1. My new baby cousin is super cute! 2 days old when we saw him! 2. Old stories are fun! 3. Uh....super annoyed by social media and the fact that people use it to promote something awesome and worthwhile then screw it up by getting thrown in jail.

I feel even more dumb because I promoted the KONY 2012 video. I don't doubt  the organization is legit or beneficial. I just should have educated myself before following the trend. My eyes were opened when a few articles surfaced about invisible children and their leadership. That's all I'm going to say.

Well trip is off to a good start. Seen a lot of people. Heard a lot of good stories. Glad I came even though I was stressed about work.

I think it's awesome that the friends my dad had growing up, he is still able to pick up where he left off with. The stories are awesome, wholesome or not, haha and it just gets me thinking.... Why don't I live my life in a way that it will be a lesson to others? I know some things will be, or I hope because I didn't go through it all for nothing!  But good and bad experiences, everything happens for a reason. I know my dad lived his life for a reason and one day realized the hope he had for his kids. I don't have kids but I am realizing that I have the same hope. A hope for a fuller life, for more opportunities, for more experiences....etc, for others, and, still, even myself.

I want to live a story. Something I can write about-not blog! I want to see the world and not let money or responsibility deter every fun experience I could potentially have... Except sky diving and bungee jumping, no thanks! I want to be the one telling the stories one day!

I pray about that a lot. Purpose. I want to know I've impacted someone's life. Not for selfish reasons.  I don't need to be famous or "special" in anyone's book.  Not having kids, its hard to imagine whose life i will impact, but I have hope.

This brings me to my next point... Is being hopeful a fault? I have so much hope in so many things that I sometimes think it's to my detriment.

But I always remember there is hope in my heart for a reason .... Thus, why I continue to hope!....

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans for a hope and a future' "

He DECLARED it.... So it must be for real!

No comments: