Monday, January 21, 2013

God's Got This


Ignorance is bliss. Then you hear the truth and it freaks you out. I am honestly, truly a bit nervous about our future as Americans. I don’t pretend to know what all is going on with our government but it is quite apparent that something needs to give. What happened to being united as one? What happened to democracy and our rights as free people? Why do we, the human race, always seem to screw up a good thing? I don’t have a gun. I don’t know how to shoot a gun. It’s probably a good thing I’m not around guns because I would probably shoot myself in the foot. But, I like knowing other people have them. Good people. There are other ways to solve the issue. I’m just saying.

And another thing, why do we pay people for their lifetime who hold office for 4 years? I just learned about that this year. Sorry – but that’s not cool. And our country is in debt but yet some still wonder why? And our military, who put their life on the line for us…I doubt they are paid as well (although the benefits are nice)  – but let’s be honest.  

I want to be like the girl in “stranger than fiction” who gets audited by the IRS for only paying half her taxes. I don’t want to get audited but I think it’s funny that she only pays the taxes she agrees with.

And another thing… I don’t really want to be over taken by another country because of the amount of debt we are in. I don’t want someone to harm the President because they are fanatical and angry. I just want the President to start making better decisions. He has tons of advisors. Can’t they ADVISE him in the right direction? What happened to common sense or looking out for the future of our country? Not of fan of the back and forth stance on major issues.

HOWEVER, don’t get all bent out of shape, I support our President and government because that is what the Bible says to do:

"Every person must be subject to the governing authorities, for no authority exists except by God's permission. The existing authorities have been established by God" Romans 13:1

So don’t doubt God and who He has placed there (whether you voted for the President or not).

“Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.” Hebrews 13:17

Well that’s a bit more difficult. But if God put him in charge then, there you go. Enough said.

“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus…” 1 Timothy 2:1-15

All I have to say to that is, “AMEN”!

Plus several more you can google.

Moving on…. I hope we can learn from these verses, commandments and instructions. Even when we have every doubt – the one reason that supersedes all others is to trust in God and lean not on our own understanding but in all our ways acknowledge Him. He knows what he is doing. From the major, world related stuff down to every step we take.

God is in control.

No comments: