Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Welcome 2017!

One of my many New Years resolutions is to write more.

So instead of scrolling through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Timehop, then back to Facebook or Instagram, or maybe over to Pinterest or Houzz) I've opened up my notes app.

I have so many things to jot down, not just for you {sorry} but for myself. I want to remember everything. I have the worst memory so it's actually really important. Writing has always made me feel better, too. I was that girl, the one with the diary, who wrote religiously. I am still that woman who loves a good notebook to fill... just wish those notebook pages would translate into typed print! Although, the only downfall to blogging publicly is I can't share everything. Maybe I will keep journaling for my deepest thoughts and biggest secrets - sorry, this is not a tell all.

Sidebar: I kept a journal (the thing you hand write in) for G while dating and all through our engagement. I gave it to him at our rehearsal dinner and some low life broke into the truck on our wedding day and stole it.... along with his tux, my wedding band, a watch and his work bag. Needless to say he only read a page of it. I tried to do it again the first year of our marriage but I never finished and never gave it to him. That makes me sad. I'll give it to him tonight if I can even find it.

Ok back to the topic... New Years resolutions are tough. I believe they are anyways. Mainly because it is often an unrealistic goal for the person setting them. Let's see, for me, a practical goal would be... 2x a month posting. I figure if I put it to paper (app) then I am holding myself more accountable. I wish I could commit to more but I return to work next Monday. Yes, maternity leave is ending with Baby #2 and, as with baby #1, I am a mess about it. More on maternity leave and what that has looked like, later.

Welcome, 2017!

No comments: