Thursday, September 13, 2012

Figuring "It" Out....

Growing up is hard

Life flies by

People change

Friends come and go

Family drifts apart

...and to be quite blunt, your world can really suck at times....

More often than not, it might appear, things seem to be the opposite of what you want or hope or expect or anything even close.

What I want to focus on is making yourself happy. I'm sure I've said this before. I'm sure many of you have said this to ME when I was a youngen' hahaha I am OLD - did you forget????

I've talked to a handful of people in the past week about doing what is right for them and in accordance with the will of God. Forget the money, forget the title, forget your responsibility compared to your coworkers', forget about what others think, forget what you think you know, forget trying to force the inevitable.

Embrace your situation. Be steadfast in prayer, faithful in your beliefs, and thankful for life. Even if you think it's crummy. Look for the open door God is putting in front of you and walk through it. Discover and pray about making your strengths and gifts apparent. Seek out a mentor, someone you trust, who is of Godly character, and ask for guidance in doing the will of God.

So, for real, no joke, you don't "feel" things just because. There is a reason you are excited about something. There is a point to every positive emotion. Listen to them. You have a purpose. Don't give up and don't feel defeated. You're going to be just fine in the hands of God - I know because He has proven that to me, time and time again, even though I should have trusted Him from the very start.

You are a creature like no other. You will figure it out. We are all trying to figure "it" out- take heart, friend, you're not alone (even if you're only 19 or well on your way to 99).

Love you!

No comments: