Thursday, October 13, 2011

What am I getting myself into?!

Well. I did it. I took a step off the high dive. I am crossing flaming rocks. I bit the bullet. I created a blog....what? Really. Me?! Yes.

I would consider myself a blog enthusiast, to say the least. There are blogs about fashion, decorating, DIY and crafting, weddings, photography, accessory making, lifestyles, traveling, and a million other things. Bloggers fascinate me. I think because they all, and I mean ALL, seem to have it figured out, even if they claim to not. Their stories reel you in like a little kid who just caught their first fish. Their lives seem exciting, full of adventure. But do they really have it all together? What about those of them who don’t have it all together? Like me. What about the bloggers of the world who are struggling through really tough times, who are jobless, who have hopes and dreams the size of rare blood-red Rafflesia flowers but which never seem to grow beyond the size of a baby’s breath floret?


I googled “largest flower in the world” – which is how I found the rare blood-red Rafflesia flower.

Furthermore, what about the bloggers who don’t have the creative capability of crafting a beautiful room-scape, or photographing a wedding in a way that it appears dream-like, or who can use a measuring spoon but lack Iron Chef culinary skills? What do those people blog about? Their life that is perfectly put together, that’s what!

And what does blog even mean?! From the man, Webster, himself – “a website that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also: the contents of such a site” It seems to be a word of endless implications.  Blog – verb – to write about ________; to complain about ______; to rejoice about ________; to show off _________; ETC! Don’t you see dear reader, blogging is a bottomless pit of actions involving a computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse – less if you use a laptop. 

If I had a blog what would I blog about? I would blog about the pain of being pigeon-holed in a job I hate. I would blog about waiting on God’s timing, for His will to be done, for understanding of what in the heck His will for my life is. I would blog about my attempts to be chef-like, crafty and artsy. I would blog about things I love like my family, vacations, my niece, and people in general.  I would blog about random things like my opinion on women working, taking a job you might hate for more money, trivia nights, things I google in a day, the wedding of my dreams that will never look like a picture in a magazine but that I am 100% ok with, and my puppies.  I would blog the written Word, that it might bring someone hope and peace. I would force myself to blog a blessing – so I can be fully aware of the blessing that is – my life. My blog would totally be a selfish attempt to figure out life as we know it. I wouldn’t care who read it.

If I wrote a blog…

NOW:

Here we are. The beginning of an attempt to blog along with the rest of the world, because facebook, myspace, twitter, linkedin, google+, and every other social media site have not given us enough outlets to express ourselves.

I leave you with this thought......why is "googled" not recognized as a real word to spell checker? Seriously.

Be blessed.

No comments: